
So what to do............. just get in there and do it. A.ndy Prohibito C. was there to help out as well as all of our wonderful neighbours! My life long friend E-bomb showed up a couple of hours later, - boots on and ready to get down and dirty! Something she is really good at if I do say so myself.
Below...... a picure of our garage. The fridge, deep freeze, shop vac and all of the other contents were floating when I opened the door. 
Exhaustion was setting in and we had to make some serious decision? Was it time to pack it in for the evening? Well of course! We decided to take part in our most mastered skill of all times. What is that you may ask? Mix the best Gin and Tonic we'd have that day! Why is it that the first G&T you have of the evening always tastes like the best G&T you have ever had!!!
We set up our own little VIP bar in front of the tv, put the hockey game on and enjoyed some lovely homemade burgers!
Here's our VIP bar that we set up. We had everything we needed!Including some Sanpellegrino that we rescued from the floating fridge. This is when I drowned in Gin and Tonic!!!
If it wasn't for my wonderful friends, neighbours, and family I think it could have been a hell of a weekend! I was at my parents until Monday cleaning up and trying to make their arrival home as pleasant as possible.
There are a couple other things that I need to mention to make my first ever blog entry complete. Both of my dad's cars are write off's! He is a car fanatic and had beautifully restored an early 1980's Mercedes! Here is some photo evidence. This is when the water has dropped a lot.
You can see the water line on the side of the garage to get an idea of how covered they were!
The last thing I will mention is that I had my first ever tv interview that made the news and I was quoted (correctly) in the paper. I have officially had my 15 minutes of fame!
A very uncreaative blog, but a very exciting story!

No comments:
Post a Comment